Sunday, February 15, 2009

Rendon Taco Truck ~ Visalia, CA

I don't even remember the last time I ate a taco truck in Visalia.  Yet, they are around.  It's usually the blue collar people of Visalia who know where to find the good ones.  Road workers, ranch hands, construction workers and Mexican migrant workers alike, the trucks seek out these laborers daily.  Can't hate that.  If you don't have time to go off your site for food, they bring the food to your site.  It's genius.  I have a couple friends who are of said type, and they have nothing bad to say of the taco truck.  If anything, they love it.  The food comes to them, trucks are well equipped, and the prices are on the cheap.  Any red blooded, working-class American can agree with me on this.  


God Bless this country.  And God bless the taco truck.  

Rendon

Now, I know here in LA when you go to taco stands and trucks, you feel like, "hey, look at me, I'm getting down and dirty, like I was in Mexico!" or some BS like that.  Maybe not exactly that, but there's a mystique about eating at these places.  The experience is raw, you feel like an animal, or at least like your average hardworking Mexican-American.  And this taco truck in Visalia didn't fall anywhere short of that experience.  If anything, being at a place like this actually did put me in that mind set, the broke, hardworking American who just wants to eat his food, drink his beer, fuck, and go to sleep.  Wait, nevermind, I am that person. 

Photobucket

Photobucket
*Two Carne Asada Taco's

I really can't find anything bad to say about this place, besides it being 15 mins away.  With that said, everything was spot on.  They gave me my taco's with nothing on it.  PERFECT.  They had a salsa bar on the side that was legit.  Everything you'll find at a top notch spot here in LA.  They even had guacamole.  Not the salsa either...straight up guacamole.  Sometimes I can't stand places that don't have these bars, then when you get your taco's "con todo" (with everything) sometimes you want more cilantro, or more roja.  And guess what?  There's no salsa bar to have your taco exactly how you want it.  Not the case with this truck.

Photobucket

I think they chop the carne while its on the griddle, so by the time it hits your plate they are in little beef bits on your tortilla.  The flavor and juiciness was right on.  Perfectly seasoned and not too salty, proper asada style.  And the juiciness?  Check the top picture.  You can literally see the juice oozing from the meat.  The portion of carne on the taco was also noteworthy.  Probably one of the most filled taco's I've ever had, without tortilla break, thus far.  

Conclusion?  Seriously?  Do I need one?  Ok, I like this place.  No, I loved it.  I will go back and try out whatever else they have to offer.   Maybe the buche?  Hahaha, maybe another time.  I'll stick with the trio.

Pro's
-Salsa Bar
-Outdoor covered seating area with lights for night time

Con's
-15 min's out of central Visalia.  





Taco's ~ 1.25

Rendon ~ old highway 63, 10 min's north of the Oval, Visalia,  CA  93291

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you have a phone number for these guys?? how can i get a hold of them??

blogger templates | Make Money Online