Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Amigos Tacos ~ Hermosa Beach

Ahh this place. Amigo's Taco's reminds me of the recent uprise of Baja Fresh/Rubio's clones that has been popping up all over southern California. This place is actually not doing so bad, in fact, they have five different locations to choose from throughout LA. With that said, you'd think their food would be good right? WRONG. I don't know, maybe it's because I got taco's instead of the "seven veggie quesadilla?" Hahaha.


AMIGOS TACOS

Photobucket

They self proclaim themselves as a "Health Mex" restaurant. Fresh vegetables, fresh fish and meats, chopped and cooked to order. So, I didn't order what I would usually get, the holy trio. Instead I went for a chicken and fish taco (fish was fried, how I prefer it) thinking to myself, "a place like this would probably have a decent chicken and fish taco. OH, and they rotisserie their chicken. You gotta figure the chicken would be good. WRONG.

Photobucket

I seriously didn't know what to think when this landed on my table. The taco had WAY too much chicken in it. It's like, to substitute the fact that their taco sucks, they're just gonna put more of it to make up for the lack of quality. On top of that, they overly sauced the thing with a flavorless glob of what they call salsa. Half way into eating, my taco fell apart, chicken dripping off my tortilla onto the tray. Not a good sign when the tortilla can't hold up to its contents.

Then I get my fish taco, a somewhat "saving grace" for this place. Take a look first.

Photobucket

I say "saving grace" because this did actually come freshly fried when I placed the order. But as with my chicken taco, they overly did everything. I couldn't even pick this up and eat it like a taco was supposed to be eaten. I had to take out the three pieces of fish and individually put it back into place just so I could hold it up like a taco. Also, they put waaay too much lettuce and that sauce...not to mention shredded cheese. It wasn't even melted. Just regular fresh shredded cheese. WTF? I'm sorry, if it wasn't for homeboy who fried my fish right when I ordered, I'd have to say this would be one of the worst taco's I've ever had.

Overall, this place, with what I ordered, is never gonna compare to an authentic, tradional style taqueria/restaurant. It's a crazy "health mex" clone that doesn't even live up to the standard of that genre. Ugghhh, maybe I should have gotten the seven veggie quesadilla.

Pro's
-Chips included

Con's
-Overly Dramatic Taco's
-Poor Salsa
-Un-Authentic





Taco's ~ 1.99 Fish Taco ~ 2.59

Amigos Tacos ~ 500 N PCH, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoulda gone to Pinkys next door instead

JustinM said...

Looks good, man. A lot better than the hideous El Pollo Loco "carnitas chicken tacos" I had yesterday. I'm not sure what I was thinking.

Nice blog.

blogger templates | Make Money Online