Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Guillen's "La Playita" Taco Truck ~ Marina Del Rey

These guys are directly related to Mariscos Guillen La Playita off Lincoln Blvd.  I've done a review on their taco stand and wasn't so impressed with the calibur of meat tacos, them being a marisco place.  Yet I went with the two carne asada tacos anyways.  Ya, I'm stubborn.  





I get my tacos and took a seat next to the truck, on the sidewalk.  They came to me nice and hot, I knew they would because I was the only person there and I personally saw and heard them cook up my meat.  This is already lookin up.



I took my first bite and was thoroughly more impressed than with my first experience.  Cooked perfectly, and came tender and very juicy.  The carne itself probably had a simple marinade of salt/pepper and a dash of lime, but the salsa roja took the brunt of the flavoring, which added extra goodness to my palate.  The tortillas were white corn, store bought, but held heat great so by the time I was done with my first taco, my second was still nice and hot.  Another big plus.



Good Job La Playita!!  You just redeemed yourself in this taco lovers eye's.





Tacos ~ $1.25

Guillen's La Playita Taco Truck ~ Glencoe Ave.  in between Beach Ave. and Maxella Ave.  Marina Del Rey, CA  90292



0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online