Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mariscos Tatiana's ~ Mar Vista

I had myself a taco truck experience last night.  I wish I would have written this right when I got home, the experience and the smell of taco was still fresh on my fingertips.  But you know what?  I was drunk.  I got home, drank some water, washed my hands a couple times...then crashed.  So here's my attempt at rehashing last nights wonderful experience.


The night started proper.   I got myself  a bottle of Jack Daniels and flasked it the whole night with a friend in Venice @ the Townhouse.  For some reason we got talking about food and of course, hunger became a top priority.  Driving home my intentions were to stop at Cinco De Mayo, the 24 hour favorite in Culver City, when I noticed this taco truck on the corner of Venice and Centinela.  Drunk me said, "Fuck yea!"  I made a drunken abrupt stop at the corner (thank you God for not placing any cops in my vicinity)  and made my way to the truck.  

I ordered myself dos tacos de carne, para llevar.  I started talking to the girl who took my order and started frontin' it, saying im a blogger and how I was super excited because I've never been to this spot before.  I could tell she wasn't impressed, but that's when I heard that sound.  Pssshhhhh...The sound of meat being thrown on the grill.  Let me tell you, that's one of my all time favorite sounds in cooking.  After a couple minutes of shooting the shit with chica, she handed me my taco's and I set off for the bench.

Photobucket

My first bite was close to heaven.  Granted, I was blown on herbals and Jack all night, but shit...the feeling was still real.  The carne was piping hot and greasy/juicy...just how I like it.  The salsa roja was excellent...spicy and flavorful.  And you know its legit when you have to wash your hands more than once to get the stink off.

I read this morning on taco hunt that the meat was already cooked and they just throw it back on when someone ordered.  I have no problems with this.  Maybe I'm just a rookie in the taco game, but at the same time, I know when something taste good.  With the aforementioned, the taco's were on par with my standards, cooked twice or not.  You know how many taqueria's have meat that's already cooked and sitting in a heat pan?  Almost all of them.  

Pro's
-Salsa Roja
-Taco's @ 1 dollar

Con's
-The bad review from Taco Hunt.  Tatiana, you better step up that game...he's a heavy hitter in the taco blog community.





Mariscos Tatiana ~ On the southeast corner of Venice blvd and Centinela, Mar Vista, Ca.


0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online