Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Taco Inn ~ Benito Juarez International Airport, Mexico City

So I am finally back on the wagon, as far as food blogging goes.  I've been goneskies for a couple weeks "living life" in Mexico, or to be more exact, area de Cancun...though we spent the least amount of time in Cancun itself.  I was gone for about 10 days, which went slow at times...and fast at times.  I was thinking about dedicating a whole post with pictures about the whole trip, but I'll leave that for notepad on personal usage.  


However it may be, I was able to muster up some energy and take a couple a' flickas for the blog.  A "couple" being the operative word.  We ate really good food at almost every meal, so I'm a bit sad I wasn't able to get more pics.  Seriously, it's hard to take pictures when you're having such a good time just "being."  

Ok, enough of the existential bit...time for the food pics.

TACO INN

After a short two hour flight which only served us a small tamal for a snack, I was excited to see the calibur of taco at mexico city's own international airport.  I ran into this place right after we landed for our 1 1/2 hour layover.  



Let me start out by saying it is a really REALLY good idea to, at the least, be able to speak and understand a little bit of spanish in this country.  Don't let the talk about how everyone here "speaks english" make you lazy.  It may be true to an extent, but you will be able to do a lot more just by having a basic understanding and speaking ability of the language.  

With that said, my first encounter of spanish interactivity happened here at Taco Inn.  Straight up, I felt STUPID.  I was barely able to order what I wanted, barely able to respond to the following questions about what I wanted, and to top that off, I payed with a pinche twenty dollar bill!  hahaha, what a gringo tourist, I thought to myself.  The problem about using the twenty was it took them 30 mins to get change for my twenty into pesos.  Good thing we had enough time till our connecting flight departure, or I would've had to bail on my cambio.  


*2 al Pastor y 3 Pollo taco's



Finally I get my food and this is what I see.  I was a bit displeased on the serving amount of pastor on my tacos, but I felt it was deserved after the fiasco that was me ordering food and getting change.  

I don't have much praise for this place, but I will say the taco's were satisfactory and what impressed me most about Taco Inn was their salsa bar and al Pastor that was cooked on a spit right in front where you order.  Once again, I'm a bit pissed at myself for not taking more pictures.  

Overall, this place is great as snack food in between flights.  Don't let the pictures fool you, the 5 taco's I ate left me a bit hungry still.  They are deceivingly smaller than what I'm used to here in the states.  

Pro's
-Pastor on spit
-Good salsa bar
-Easy menu to understand if you only know english

Con's
-Hard to order if you only speak English
-Small serving
-Using USD can be a bad idea.






Meal #2 :  2 pastor taco's, 3 pollo taco's and soda ~$ 89 Pesos = $6.50 USD

Taco Inn ~ Benito Juarez International Airport, Mexico City




0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online