Saturday, March 21, 2009

La Playita ~ Santa Monica

It doesn't get much better than dominating at beer pong, then walking to a local favorite for a victory meal.  The tourney took place during the day time, but night soon took over, as well as our hunger.  I was told that La Playita was close to where we were at, not any longer than a 5 min walk.  Stoked?  Hell yes.  I'm so used to driving drunk to get food that this was a nice welcoming back to California from Mexico, where I walked EVERYWHERE.  


LA PLAYITA

You gotta love little mexican stands like these.  You walk up, order your food, there's no tables so you basically stand and eat your meal with the rest of the patrons to the stand.  It's a no fuss, straight to the point food experience.  THE PERFECT "fast food" when you're drunk.  



I wish I would've known before hand that this place's specialty are their mariscos (seafood), because I wasn't so impressed by the quality of their meat's.  The pastor was seasoned in proper style, with a tender texture, but nothing I would talk twice about.  

I could say the same about their asada, which came to me a bit flavorless.  Maybe it was because my taco came drenched in their salsa roja.  On top of that, they barely added any onions and cilantro for complimentary flavor.  



This brings me to an important point about how I personally like my taco's.  If you've read my reviews before, you know I absolutely love it when taqueria's serve you your taco's bare, only the tortilla and meat.  The next, and VERY IMPORTANT part to the equation, is having a fully stocked salsa bar at your disposal.  You add these two peices and what you get is a customizable taco that you yourself build to personal liking.  

But hey, I was drunk and this food was great at the time.  If I really think about it, of course I'm going to be able to find things here and there to down the place.  To stay on this wave of positivity, I was able to get a bite of their shrimp quesadilla from Cori, which was excellent.  Also, Nikki ordered their mixed ceviche, and it was well received..."sooo good" to be exact.  

Speaking of Nikki, do you always order like this?  


Pro's
-Marisco's
-Quick preparation
-Big portions

Con's
-Not good if you're looking for a relaxing sit down
-No salsa bar
-Taco's are not their specialty


*click to enlarge menu





La Playita ~ 3306 Lincoln Blvd.  Santa Monica, CA  90405  310.452.0090










0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online