Tuesday, February 24, 2009

R & R Taco Trailer ~ Wilshire Center, Los Angeles

You think you've seen it all, then you run into a taco stand like this...




First off, is that an LED scrolling sign. HOLY SHIT.



OK WAIT. IS THAT KOREAN?! IS THAT A FROG? WTF?!

Seriously, I FUCKING LOVE THIS.

R & R Catering - Taco Trailer

I had initially planned for a taco nightcap at Yuca's while in Los Feliz, but after I found it closed, I took the long way home, knowing I would inevitably run into a taco truck or two.

While stopped at the corner of 3rd and Vermont, I see what looked like a taco truck, but had Korean scrolling on the LED. Then the magic word appeared...TACOS.


*al Pastor & Carne Asada

A definite plus about this place is they serve their tacos without any toppings, their salsa bar being well stocked.





These were some good tacos. So good that I didn't even need to put salsa on them.



R & R's pastor is definitely above average. The seasoning was right on and very memorable, with a tenderness and juiciness that added an experience that I could simply describe as happiness.


*Wow, look at that juice. Seriously guys, click on these images because I finally have them linked to their bigger and better versions.

Like their pastor, the asada came proper. Definitely not the best I've ever had, but an asada that is stable. I feel like R & R's asada is like that stable friend who will always be there when you need him.

The flavor was standard. A simple marinade of lime juice and herbs & spices, and cooked to tenderness, with no charred crispy edges.

So, how about that sign huh? I've never seen anything like it. I'm sure there's a couple of you who will not be surprised...but you know what? This taco lover is...and if I'm back in the area, I'll make sure to give this place a visit...if not for the taco's...at least to see what other shennanigans they might pull to lure future customers.

Pro's
-Friendly service
-Salsa bar
-Open late
-Catering service

Con's
-Hmmmm....can't think of any?





Taco's ~ 1.25

R & R Catering Trailer ~ NW corner of 3rd and Vermont Ave Los Angeles, CA

0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online