Thursday, March 19, 2009

Brisa Mexicana ~ Isla Mujeres

This fucking place.  God, I could turn this post into one fat rant about how bad mexico can be when it comes to taking advantage of tourists.  But I'm not going to do that here.  I'll stick to the food.  But I will add this.  FUCK BRISA MEXICANA!  If I could drop a bomb on you, I would.  Everyone there can suck my fat hairy balls.  


ps- The host was cool though, he came thru with a late night smoke out at our hostel's beach bar.  

BRISA MEXICANA



Located at one of the busiest intersections in downtown, this spot has the location bit in the bag. At night the downtown area comes alive with tourists walking the streets and hosts hounding everybody and their mom about coming into their restaurant to eat.  That's pretty much how this place got Matt and I.  I should have known better though, what happened to my criteria about eating at non fancy, hole in the wall spots?  Ugghhh sometimes I never learn.





While Matt felt like a burger and fries, I of course ordered three taco's de carne asada.  It seemed like a good idea in retrospect, but I should have followed suit with Matt and gotten the burger.  I heard many a praise about the burger throughout our meal, while all I could think about my taco's were, "Fuck, could they have cooked this meat any worse?"  Besides the poor cooking, I noticed something I've experienced before with other mediocre restaurants.  They tend to put a shit load of whatever on the taco to make up for how bad the food really is.  Brisa put way to much cabbage on top, the tomato was thick cut and big, and they overloaded the taco with that poor excuse of what they call "asada" on top of a single store bought quality tortilla.  

This place kills me.  I thought I would never run into a place of this calibur EVER while in Mexico.  Well, I guess I was wrong.  Thanks Brisa...for making me realize that even mediocre mexican food does exist in a country where good food is around every corner.  

Pro's
-Location

Con's
-Service
-They will take advantage of you if they can
-FUCK YOU BRISA






Three Carne Asada Taco's ~ $67 pesos / $4.50 usd

Brisa Mexicana ~ Isla Mujeres







0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online