Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Aqui Estoy ~ Isla Mujeres

As much as I love me taco's, this pizza was a welcoming break from the constant barrage of mexican food my stomach received.  Aqui Estoy translated means, "Here I Am," which is perfect because when we arrived on Isla Mujeres (a little island 20 km off the coast of Cancun) I was thinking of all the food I would be eating within the next 3 days.  There was a bit of foreshadowing with this place.  As we were exiting off the ferry I saw a man on the dock wearing an "Aqui Estoy" shirt.  At first I thought he was some kind of worker on the ferry letting visitors now, "Here I am if you need any help!"  Ya right.  The service in Mexico is something else...but that's a whole different topic all together.

AQUI ESTOY


*Note the cost for the cuadrada piece:  $20 pesos! That's like $1.50 us!









I ordered the pepperoni cuadrada...which is the square piece.  



The pizza was surprisingly really good.  I had a feeling it would be after numerous times walking passed this place going to and leaving our hostel, with each pass the smells wafting from the place piquing our interest.  

Despite having to reheat the pizza since it had been sitting in that glass case, the square had a great fresh taste.  It was perfectly toasted and the dough had a nice flavor to it.  The cheese and sauce were proportioned perfectly and the pepperoni was just icing on the cake.  After eating just one of these slices, I more than satisfied my hunger.  *side note, I tend to not eat as much as I would normally when out of the country.  I don't know what it is...but you really don't think about food that much when you're having a good time.  And that say's a lot coming from this fat ass.

All in all, this place gets my stamp of approval.  On top of the great pizza, the guy's who run the joint are super nice and were more than happy to let me take pictures of the pizza, as well as them in action.





PS - Did I mention a square piece cost 20 pesos?!  Come on now!

Pro's
-Friendly service
-Multi-lingual workers - Spanish, French, Italian, English, and I'm sure some others...
-Nice variety of toppings on the "ready made" slices.

Con's
-Hmmmm....???

cuadrada/square ~ $20 pesos/$1.50 usd; redonda/round ~ $35 pesos/$2.50 usd.

Aqui Estoy ~ Downtown Isla Mujeres









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you doing on the 29th? My friend is having her birthday on the rooftop of The Standard.

Brown Dolphin said...

sounds like i'm going to the standard with you that night.

blogger templates | Make Money Online