Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Taco's Estilo! Taco Truck ~ Wilshire Center, Los Angeles

So I get back into my car after eating at R & R and find another taco truck on the opposite corner.  How great is LA?!  Two taco trucks within walking distance from each other.  Simply amazing.


Taco's Estilo!



"Dos taco's de asada, por favor, para aqui."  I says
"No asada." says taquero
"Uhhh, Carnitas then."
"No carnitas sir."

Hmmm, I think to myself, maybe this place is really good, considering they're out of 2/3 of the "Holy Trio".  So I order two pastor tacos instead.


First off, they give me one tortilla for the taco.  Totally took me by surprise.  Second, they there was an over abundance of cliantro.  I really don't mind both of those too much, but once I took that first bite of the pastor...I realized that this place is really  mediocre at best.  The flavor was standard pastor, but nothing worth writing home about.  The taco didn't fall apart, despite the single tortilla, and the cilantro wasn't as strong as I thought it would be.  The only thing that really stood out was their salsa roja.  Whooo weee it was hot and spicy and delicoius! Their only saving grace in my book.



I'll be giving them another try, and hopefully I'll get my asada and carnitas tacos instead..  

Pro's
-Salsa roja
-Chairs and table by truck

Con's
-Ran out of the popular meats early





Taco's ~ 1.25

Taco's Estilo! ~ SE corner of 3rd and Vermont Ave.  Los Angeles, CA  90004

0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online