Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Los Paisas ~ Torrance

Yet another carneceria/market/restaurant.  What I love about these places is you can see the type of meats and marinades they are working with in the restaurant.  On top of that, they have all the legitamate mexican drinks in bottles you could ask for.  I'm not really into those drinks...but if you're the type, then you know its extra special when you have these options.  


Los Paisas

I've actually eaten here a couple years back, prior to my "blogspertising." But from what I could remember, the place had a "back in the old country" charm to it.  And the food?  Well, I was soo blazed off the brutal that I'm sure that if it tasted bad, I wouldn't have noticed...and I didn't.  I remember the chicken mole being excellent.  Anyways, for the present.

Photobucket

With history repeating itself, Lee and I were blazed off the brutal when we arrived.  The restaurant menu behind the counter has no prices on it.  And if you wanna use the bathroom, you have to get a key from poncho in the back.  Which brings me to my only true gripe about this place.  The "bathroom key."  I'm gonna leave it at that.  

I ordered the holy trio of taco's:  Al Pastor, Carnitas and Asada.  

Photobucket
Photobucket


The al pastor is something to behold.  It wasn't cooked on a spit, but the pork was so fresh, the seasoning so right.  It wasn't super tender, yet it wasn't super chewy.  It was at that happy median between the two.  A pastor worth trying.  

The carnitas was roasted a bit too long for my taste.  It was good though, being the most filling of the three taco's.  

Now the king of the meal had to be my asada.  This thing had grease running down my arm.  I LOVE THAT.  The freshness of the meat, the proper marinade and preparation culminated in a feeling in me only described as taco-phoria.  I began rambling to myself, "Oh my god, this is so good. The juice is dripping down my arm.  Oh my god I love meat juice."  How ridiculous is that?

Oh, and to top that, I didn't have to add anything to the taco.  It came with onion's cilantro and a dash of salsa verde...which I didn't even notice till I saw the pictures when I got home.  You know a taco is right when you don't have to mask the flavor with added salsas..etc.  

Los Paisas...you're my new friend in Torrance.

Pro's
-Carneceria has great deals ie 1 LB al pastor = 2.99!
-Mexican Soda's
-Chips and Salsa included

Con's
-"Bathroom Key"  if you really want to know just ask me, I have a great picture.





Taco's ~ 1.69

Los Paisas ~ 21168 S. Western Ave, Torrance, CA  90501







0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online