Friday, January 30, 2009

El Super Taco ~ Santa Monica

This place sorta just snuck up on me.  Good thing I was in the right turn lane when I noticed the big El Super Taco sign on the side, or else I would've just kept driving by.  There was a time when I always had my eye's open, visually aware of any spot that could get skate'd up.  Now, it seems, my eyes are tuned to the taco.


El Super Taco

Photobucket

Photobucket

I ordered myself two tacos (asada & carnitas).   In hopes of getting served chips, I overly did the salsa bit, as you can see.  But, no chips.  I was a bit displeased.

Photobucket

The asada was excellent.  It came in small chunks that were very soft in texture, with no lack of flavor from the grill.  The charred bits were salty, but not too salty, just how I like it.  

The carnitas was of the roasted type.  I could tell that it was simmered for a long period of time, giving it the pulled pork texture, but after the roasting, it became a bit hard.  Not overly hard where it was bad...just not the soft, juicy braised carnitas I'm used to and love.  

With a new location opening up close to my apartment, I will be sure to head back there for the torta's.  Apparently its their selling point, because on the front of the menu you can see a torta sitting in a pannini grill waiting to get grilled.  Mmmmm, I love me some torta's!

Pro's
-Salsa Bar
-served with grilled onions

Con's
-Chips not included





Taco's ~ $1.25  Torta's ~ $5.99

11300 W. Pico Blvd.  Los Angeles, CA  90064





0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online